SURFSIDE, Fla. – Two weeks after a massive waterfront condominium building crashed to the ground, workers dug through rubble Thursday, knowing that any faint hope of finding survivors had been abandoned.
The death toll rose to 60 after the discovery of six more bodies, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava announced Thursday morning. She said 35 had been identified.
Several hours earlier, at midnight, the focus formally turned to recovering remains. Emergency teams removed rescue dogs and sound devices. At around 1:20 a.m., work halted for a moment of silence to mark two weeks since the stunning collapse.
“It’s officially two weeks since this unthinkable and unprecedented tragedy shook our community and the world,” Levine Cava said
→ Continue reading at USA Today News